Thursday, October 22, 2015

Blog 9 - Advisory Prep 3

Image result for foster youth



1. State whether or not you currently have a mentor, and what the status of your interview is with that person (I have completed the interview, I have scheduled the interview, I have not scheduled the interview, etc).

My mentor is Carol Reza and our interview is scheduled for Monday the 26th.

2. At this point, your research is probably guiding your studies toward more specific areas within your topic.  Name the area or two you find most promising and explain your reasons.   


I have not completed all of my research, but so far I believe I am leading towards the process of ageing out of the system. The reason for this is because the organization I work for helps those types of girls and there is  not a lot of research on the topic. It would also help me better understand the girls I work with.

3. What kinds of sources do you think will help you in the next month to gain more research depth?  Where will you go to get them?


Huffington Post has many article on my topic and I believe it would help me get more personal experience from past foster kids who have not been a adopted and aged out of the system.

4. Write down a possible EQ.  Please don't worry about wording other than ensuring that it provides the option for multiple correct answers.  At this point, the senior team is most interested in understanding your thought process.


How are foster kids being taught to live on their own? or What steps are we taking to support kids who are homeless and provide them with shelter?

No comments:

Post a Comment