Sunday, May 22, 2016

Blog 22: Independent Component 2



LITERAL
(a) I, Kristen Gutierrez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Organization: Bridge of Faith 


  • Annual fashion event
  • http://www.bridgeoffaith.org/
(c) Update your Independent Component 2 Log (which should be under your Senior Project Hours link)
(d) Every year bridge of faith holds a fashion show and auction to raise money for the girls and get their organization known to those who haven't had the chance to visit. I volunteered as a model and helped organize the auction. I also helped set up and get ready for the event.    
(e) For four weeks my mentor, carol, had been setting up for the event. I helped make baskets we would auction off and helped pick out clothes the other models would wear. I helped her organize the store when we were done creating baskets and picking clothes. I also helped with the entire event and cleanup, it lasted 7 hours.

(f) Because my EQ is based off of what happens after foster care the event helped me understand how non profit organization raise money for the girls. I also got to know many of the girls, who aged out of foster care, that live with carol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment